Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Surprise!

Hello reader,

In the spirit of Pizza huts' double Tuesday, I am going to treat you guys with another blog post at 50% off. Yay.

Without further ado, I am going to tell you how my day went, the part when my friends surprised me INSIDE  the cinema after that gaddawful, sad excuse of a movie. As the credits rolled, people started to get up, the #1 rule for me is, if the lights are still off, don't stand up just yet. Suddenly out of nowhere, the Happy birthday song crept up on me, picking up volume as I turned my head around. My initial reaction was to continue on singing along thinking there's someone in the audience having his birthday today seeing that my birthday is three days away but to my surprise, my friend Dayah was holding a blueberry, candle-less birthday cake pointed at my direction. IT'S FOR ME YOU GUYS! Can you hear the excitement in my voice? I was taken aback. Speechless, for the lack of a better word (Most likely caused by my insufficient knowledge of the english vocabulary) As I mentioned on the previous post, we had sungkai together afterwards. It was pretty eventful and stuff. Another round of happy birthday song for me, with candles this time, made my wish, blew it and had one helluva time. 

The birthday card that came along with the cake. Such sweet messages.

Me, holding a cake with my friends, inside the movie theatre, during Ramadhan. Yup, completely normal.


Sometimes I wonder how did I get so lucky to have such a kind hearted, insane and a part time badass group of friends. Other times, I wonder how my life would have been different if I hadn't met them. I am not just saying this because you guys (I know y'all are reading this) bought me cake 3 days ahead of my birthday, which by the way is really sweet of you, but because it is a pleasure for me to have met each and everyone of you at a point in my life where I needed a friend more than than I needed my clothes. Don't get the wrong idea, I am not about to go naked for my friends but you get the sentiment. I hope. To many more surprises and birthday celebrations in the future!


No comments:

Post a Comment