Tuesday, July 23, 2013

OOTD: Versatility.

Hello reader, 

I went out for a movie date and sungkai (or the more popular term used, Iftar) with my Uni friends. Shout out to the lot of you reading right now, if it's not because of you guys reading this possibly long and winding blog post, I wouldn't have beaten my all time high of two readers per post! Thank you. 

First up, Man of Tai Chi, starring Keanu Reeves and poker face asian guy was I don't know, the trailer looked awesome (for the lack of better words) but the movie fell flat to me. Unless you're a huge fan of that asian guy or martial arts movie, I wouldn't recommend you spending $4 of your dads hard earned cash watching this movie. Full review next time. Or never. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you. 

Anyway, lets get down to why we're all here, to watch me brag about the clothes I own.

Shirt: Piazza Italia
Chinos: NewLook
Timepiece: Swatch
Socks: Debenhams
Shoes: Nike flex run 2012

Today I've decided to wear something simple and less rigid, a comfortable option for a movie day out if you asked me. Polo + chino combo is definitively me, my go-to outfit for a day out longer than a trip to the kedai runcit but instead of dressing them up, I dressed them down. The turquoise colored polo from Piazza Italia is the highlight of this outfit as it brings a pop of color to an otherwise mediocre ensemble. I traded in my brown Callitspring wingtip brogue and opted for the more comfortable, Nike flex runs in navy blue + neon green colourway. The deep purple socks puts a vast contrast in the colour spectrum. This is definitely one way to dress down and still maintain an understated, street wear stylish edge.

Truthfully, I am looking for style alternatives for the days when I don't feel like dressing up and experimenting other looks is just another way for me to mature style-wise. Being stylish isn't about putting together outfits that you think will get the most heads turning, it's a reflection of who you are and what you believe. More often than most, clothes tells a lot about a person, the effort you put in putting together an outfit shows that you care about yourself and caring about yourself is a step closer to caring about something else. W.O.W my philosophical career is going to end sooner than Kim Kardashians wedding. Oops sorry, not sorry.

 In all seriousness, some of you may say the clothes you wear on your back is "just something" you put on your back but in the wise words of Brittany Wilson/Kevin Copeland;


It's not "just" a hand bagIt's Prada!

1 comment: