Sunday, July 21, 2013

OOTD: Sunday best.

Hello reader,

I am finding myself in a bit of a pickle trying to come up with something that is at least half as good as my horrible sociology essay back in my 'college' years so i'm just going to throw in a couple of photo of todays outfit. For someone who is style conscious and vain, I've never posted anything like this before. So here goes:
Shirt: Urban republic
Cardigan: Burton menswear
Timepiece: Swatch
Trousers: Asos.com
Socks: Debenhams
Shoes: Callitspring



The look that i'm going for today is a traditional shirt + cardigan combo. Tucked in checkered shirt with a plum cardigan over it paired with a light blue chino. The chino did a great job in subtracting the age off this entire ensemble, it's easy to look older when you're wearing a cardigan over a dress shirt (Quick, someone sing a Katy Perry hits, Mr. Schuester is coming!) You can't see my socks but underneath those brown suede chukka boots from ALDO's sister company, Callitspring, is a striking blueish green? (Girls help me out here) pair of socks. I am a big believer of bright and bold coloured socks, it's more than just a stench reducer for our feet. It can make or break an outfit, case in point, wearing white socks with black pants is a big, overweight NO. Plus, you can tell a lot about a person by judging their socks.

Before I end this post, I believe it is mandatory for every style blogger out there to at least quote the most overused quote in the universe by the famous french designer M. YSL; 

"Fashions fadestyle is eternal."


2 comments: