Thursday, August 1, 2013

OOTD: Back to school

Hello reader,

I apologize for the delay in posting this as the internet connection has been a little bit laggy as of late and module registration is taking up too much time but I won't get into that.

All aboard!


 Shirt: PDI
Pants: PiazzaItalia
Bag: asos.com
Shoes: asos.com
Belt: asos.com
Timepiece: Swatch
My first proper OOTD
It's the first day of school and I have decided to wear a nautical inspired outfit with white and blue breton striped button up shirt from PDI tucked in a pair of pastel yellow pants. Breton stripe is definitely on it's way to becoming a wardrobe staple. Just like the military inspired trend, the yacht club going, nautical inspired sailor look is here to stay so it's definitely worth investing in a few pieces. The sleek simplicity of the skinny belt is just the right addition to the outfit. Instead of wearing my usual chukka boots, I slipped on my dress slippers for this outfit to create the exposed ankle look. According to most style blogs, rolled up pants and exposed ankle is a style no-no for someone of my height but you see, i'm a rebel and I just happen to think that my ankles are seksi. Of course a back to school outfit wouldn't be complete without a school bag so I carried around a faux leather (wouldn't want peta spilling paint on my outfit) satchel from asos.com. 

Who says you can't look good and still maintain a 4.0 GPA? Praying for a good semester ahead of me, dear reader please pray for me.


“You can never be overdressed or overeducated.” 
-Oscar Wilde




2 comments:

  1. how abt we be satchel buddies? ;)
    i like how u put the outfit together, esp ur shirt Mah

    amsaima.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES to satchel buddies! Thanks Mals! can't wait to read about your next adventure in Islamabad.

      Delete